West Animal Clinic
830 W. 21st St.
Norfolk, VA 23517


International Travel

If you are planning to take your pet  out of the continental USA, please go to the USDA APHIS web site. Google search "USDA APHIS" and select "USDA APHIS Home"; at this location do a search on "Travel with Pet". You should be on the "Travel with your Pet" page, click on "International export requirements by destination country" under" Export". The "Regulations and Assessments" page has a search list by the country's first letter near the bottom of page. When you print the country's requirements, be sure to print the health certicate with instructions.

You will have to schedule vaccinations, and Health Certificate exams according to the destination country's requirements. International Health Certicates must have the  the examining veterinarian's signature and the District Veterinarians signature. Our district veterinarian is located in Richmond,VA. You should plan on 2-3 days for this step.

This link should shorten the process getting to the APHIS site.